Friday, February 18, 2011

ಎದ್ದೇಳು ಮಂಜುನಾಥ!

moms,

    This was long overdue! I have not written to you in a long time! Lot of things have changed. For a start, it didn't work out. May be it wasn't meant to be. What ever circle completion stuff I told you about ... didn't materialize. However, if you think in another perspective ... the circle is still complete. If you think it isn't complete it isn't - and otherwise. It took one person a quite an amount of energy and effort to make me understand that. I finally understood a lot of things. One of the most important things is that: One is always in need of a perspective. The lack of a certain perspective on something, makes one go mad in the head. But once one understands that particular perspective, everything is as right as rain.

    Our little foursome group - I always pictured it to be a square with diagonals. Later I changed its visualization to a triangle - with a center that is connected to the vertices. That center is you. You held us together. I dono wat preeth and poms say, but I think you held it together even when you moved to US. I kept thinking as to what is it that brings us 4 together. I thought it was the love for food, climbing mountains, etc. But I am wrong. What holds us together is you. The others were mere materialistic reasons. It is with you that I want to climb any mountain possible. It is beside you that I want to ride to the highest motarable place possible. It is with you that I want to stand at Goeche La pass and wonder how many miles away is Mt. Kanchenjunga. It is with you that I want to stand on the beach and watch all the sunsets. Remember our biking trips to Shivu ?? well ... I want to do that with no one but you.

    When I first booked my tickets to Raleigh ... I wished that you'd come to the airport. We'd head home and you'd show me around NCSU ... especially all the places you told me about over the phone. Then we'd sit and have a loooong chat about life and why the heck did I, you, and the others come to the US in the first place. It wouldn't have bothered me much if we didn't go for a trip ... as long as we get to spend some time together. I think we most definitely would have had a session about how to convince your father-in-law. On and on I can go for ages !!! I still did come to Raleigh as planned. I still did go home. I didn't feel something missing. Didn't get that sinking feeling. Science may not agree, but I think you're there with me. Of course I can't slap you or hug you or reply to ur typical "karun" questions ... but you're always there. You always will be. For me ... you are still in some distant land where I have to take a looong leave to get to. You're there waiting for me. Waiting to be woken up by me ... just like old times. I'll get there moms ... and I will wake you  up. You better wake up soon.

+ Chetan

No comments: